Thank you for your enquiry
My filming is very unobtrusive with my favourite clips being those that are captured from afar where you can watch uninterrupted moments of laughter, tears and joy. I always like to get to know you before the big day and answer any questions that you may have so that you can relax and feel comfortable with me there on the day, in fact, most couples say that they hardly noticed that I was there at all.
You will receive a highlights video set to music with all of the very best bits of the day, the ‘wow’ moments. I use fully licensed music for this so you can easily share this on social media with all of your friends and family including people that might not have been able to make it on the day. It’s the video that you’ll watch over and over again and never tire of (approximately 7-8 minutes).
The full length feature
Your day from start to finish with full coverage of the ceremony and speeches. You can choose the music that I use in this film which can be songs that featured on the day such as the track you walked down the aisle to or the one played for your first dance. Typically these films last around an hour but they can vary dramatically depending on the length of your speeches and the type of ceremony you have. This is presented on a beautiful wooden USB along with your highlights video so that you can pop it in your laptop or TV and relive your whole day.
- In the morning I will film the bride and her party getting ready, having your hair and make-up done, sipping a glass of bubbly, bouquets arriving, the veil going on and generally having fun. If the location and timing is suitable I am also able to film the groom’s party getting ready, shining shoes, practising speeches and putting on button holes. However, if this is not possible I will get some footage of the groomsmen welcoming guests at the venue before the bride arrives.
- For the ceremony I will set up a static camera and then use a second camera to capture some different angles including clips of you walking down the aisle and your guests’ reactions. I will attach a tiny clip microphone to the groom’s suit jacket to record high quality sound so that you can hear every word of your vows.
- During the drinks reception I will film your guests congratulating you, your photos, drinks and any entertainment that you have arranged. I will also use this time to film some of the personal touches that you may have arranged such as your table plan and decorations.
- For the speeches I will use a recorder that will be set up on the table so that you can hear the speeches clearly and similarly to the ceremony, two cameras will be used to capture the speeches and your guests’ reactions.
- In the evening I will stay about approximately half an hour after your first dance which will give me plenty of opportunity to capture your evening guests arriving, cutting the wedding cake and you and your family getting the party started. If you need me to stay later please let me know and I can incorporate this into your package.
Frequently asked questions
- What equipment will you use? I film on Nikon DSLR cameras which are small and unobtrusive. I use a selection of lenses including a long range lens that allows me to stand back from the crowd and capture moments without being noticed.
- Can we have the film on a DVD? If you prefer a DVD to a USB you are more than welcome to request one instead. If you would like additional DVDs and USBs these are also available at £20 each.
- What software do you use to edit the video? I use Final Cut Pro for Mac which is a fantastic program that allows me to balance colour and audio and carefully piece together the footage to your chosen music.
- How long will it take to deliver the film? My editing times vary depending on the time of year. I do my very best to get all videos done in less than 6 weeks but if you are getting married in the busy summer period it can sometimes take a little longer but it’s well worth the wait!
- Do you work with specific photographers? I can give you a recommendation for some great photographers that I’ve worked with in the past but I will happily work with anyone.
- Will we meet you before the wedding? If possible I like to meet all couples around 6 weeks before your wedding so that we’re not strangers on the day and so you can talk me through all the details of your day. If you’d prefer to meet before making a booking that’s also no problem. If you don’t live locally we can arrange to speak over the phone instead.
- How do I make a booking? If you’d like to go ahead please pop me an email or give me a call, I’ll ask a few basic questions to allow me to put together a booking form for you and then I require a 30% booking fee to secure the date. The remaining fee is then due 14 days before the wedding day